Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else try using a 70 or 75mm TB with there turbo setups??

I already have the 65mm FC TB and a custom intake.... as pretty much all of you know.

The other day I was looking at a 70mm 4.6 GT TB and the bolt pattern is the same as is the TPS hook up..... and of course the wheels started turning [:D]

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
well fc used to offer a 70mm tb... "for race use only". idk about a 75mm tb, that just seems huge for a 4 cyl.

a lil off topic but still somewhat related... it amazes me that my srt4 can make as much power as it does and only comes stock with like a 48mm tb. just something to think about.

·
FF Affiliate
31,182 Posts
65MM is big enough to feet what you have now , I run a 70MM but making more power as well till you do a built engine and go to larger piping you are good to go

Tom

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
so 70mm is pretty much pointless if you're not making over how many hp? also is the ffrp manifold completely useless for any applications? i've heard mixed reviews about things not lining up with the mani.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tom I was looking at it from the point of view that we saw some descent mid range gains when we put your intake on the car then again when we put Clints intake on the car due to the free flowing designes of BOTH manifolds.

So I was thinking that if the TB was bigger we could draw more air through it and maybe increase the mid-range power even more or maybe pick up the RPM's faster.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tom I was looking at it from the point of view that we saw some descent mid range gains when we put your intake on the car then again when we put Clints intake on the car due to the free flowing designes of BOTH manifolds.

So I was thinking that if the TB was bigger we could draw more air through it and maybe increase the mid-range power even more or maybe pick up the RPM's faster.

·
Registered
615 Posts
i wouldnt change out tb. there's no need to. just think, your if pushing not sucking it. once you start to get boost or a pressure in the manifold where would it go.. i understand what you saying. i was looking bigger tb too and alot of the turbo guys i talk to, said that there is no needfor one. if anything i notice i would change the tb plate for better opening.

if you want mot power just build it. get a bigger turbo like a gt40 like i was going to do, but i dont have the time anymore.

good luck

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand that, but I want to keep pushing the stock stuff just to see what kind of power it will make.

In all reality I'm looking to increase the mid range a little more. I know it changes when you start pushing air instead of sucking but flow and resistance still have alot of effect on power.

·
Registered
615 Posts
there really isnt much when you are talkin mills. if anything look into a new turbo. just for thoughts.

i wish i could get a good tuner to tune my car b\c the tuner here b\c a dick and doesnt want anything to do with the little guy (i call the focus the little guy) he more into the bigger cars now.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
03OrangeSVT said:
I understand that, but I want to keep pushing the stock stuff just to see what kind of power it will make.

In all reality I'm looking to increase the mid range a little more. I know it changes when you start pushing air instead of sucking but flow and resistance still have alot of effect on power.
Hey John, I could see your point if we were still at in. of vac. ...but some of us are at LBS. of PSI. [:D] ......I'm not sure it's quite the restrictor plate your thinking it is....but where can I get one toooo...[;)] more is always better....

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
03OrangeSVT said:

Hey John, I could see your point if we were still at in. of vac. ...but some of us are at LBS. of PSI. [:D] ......I'm not sure it's quite the restrictor plate your thinking it is....but where can I get one toooo...[;)] more is always better....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts