Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Mine already has that. It's called Flanker. Mine has traction control and ABS too.............they're on the end of my right leg.

Don't get me wrong, I like ABS because I've had need of it more than once up here in the land of Big Snows (MI). TC??? Not so sure, the couple of cars I've owned that had it; the default mode was On............exactly the opposite of the way it should be. The only time I've found it useful is on glare ice.

Lane departure............I dunno? If it saves someone (or more aptly the people they're about to run into) who falls asleep, or is allowing themselves to be distracted it's a good thing. I'm afraid in the US, where typically we have a very cavalier attitude towards driving, it'll just be one more crutch, or excuse for lame Os to piddle around with their onboard electronic marvelry (including the bane of western civilization----cell phones), boxing the kids ears, shaving, and what have you.

No real desire for it myself.

PS: TPMS...........who needs it! Ow damn it! Scraped my shin falling off my soap box! [chairfall]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Lane departures accidents account for a great majority of the traffic deaths each year. These kind of in car safety features will be coming down to all model vehicles in a few years time. These are just tools that will actively save lives, just built in rumble strips which are already proven safety devices however without the installation into the road surface.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Whats interesting is even though the American Focus does not have the lane departure feature, it has the light for it on the dash. I looked at all the icons on a sunny day once and saw the lane departure one. Hopefully they will add it in the 2013 model year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts