Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to order some Lamin-X in Smoke for my headlights and tail lights on my '08. While I'm at it I wanna get rid of that tacky chrome grill. Any suggestions on what color to paint it?

Should I just nightshade the head and tail lights?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Well Im a fan of blue but that is because I have a silver 2008 and I like the way blue goes with it (although the grill would probably be wayyy to much blue) If you are oging to smoke your headlights and tails than go straight across with a black or gun meatal color. At lease thats my opinion.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
O yea make sure you let me know how painting it went because I wanna paint mine but I also dont wanna screw it up..ha

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol I'm with you on that one but I'll take the plunge. I may just nightshade them instead of buying the Lamin-X if I can find the paint.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
i would stick with the lamin-x on the headlights. you dont want to paint the headlights for a few reasons, but mainly because you will have uneven patterns in the paint (unless shot with a gun), and the paint will be damaged over time due to heat of the lights and road debris. Lamin-x has a 5 year warranty, and will help protect your lenses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts