Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was comign back home from the store and a lady was on a small road getting mail out of her mailbox. I was stopped behind her about 10 feet. She then threw her car in reverse and backed into mine before I could throw mine into reverse in time :(

Not real bad, but my front fender is dented and the black grill is dented and gross looking too. Cop came and got our info and she called her insurance to start getting stuff processed. First "accident" I've been in. Sucks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apologetic. She knew it was her fault and didn't try to blame me or anything. Just sucks cause it's a 2014 titanium hatchback. Only had it since April and now it's dented in Lol.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Her insurance just called. Gotta drop my car off tomorrow morning at the body shop. Getting a rental until it's fixed. Shouldn't be too bad, it was just the front grill/quarterpanels that had some scrapes and a dent. Lights and hood were all fine, no damage there.

Just annoying more than anything. Oh well, life happens!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Be careful saying it's not that bad. My wife was bumped from behind in my 350Z back in June and there was absolutely no visible damage however a month later the left rear quarter popped and creased to the tune of $2300 in damages. The bad part for us, the girl who hit her has no insurance so I'm left paying the deductible while our insurance sues her.

On modern cars just because you can't see anything bent or messed up even a minor fender-bender can cause bigger unseen problems. The body shop who did the work advised anything more serious than a door ding or shopping cart bump absolutely must be checked out. Thankfully my wife stood her ground when the girl hit her and called the police instead of letting her drive off or we would have been out the entire bill.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, the car is at the body shop now. The lady's insurance has everything set up for me. They will check it out tomorrow and plan the repairs. Hopefully everything goes smoothly!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just picked her up from the shop! It's dark and rainy out here (Yay indiana weather) so I can't get a good picture but it looks as good as new from what I can tell! Excited to have my car back :)

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts