Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Other than not being able to harness additional power from a tune with your new bolt-ons, is there any inherent danger or potential damage that can occur from not getting a tune specifically for a new exhaust and racing header?

I would really like to know if there is.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Other then now maximizing your bolt ons to full potential and delete your o2 senor so you wont get a CEL you should be ok...I was rolling around with an intake/exhaust for awhile without a tune with no issues.

·
FF Affiliate
31,146 Posts
Let me answer that question like this , Whats your air fuel ratio under WOT ? If you cannot answer that then no one can tell you if you will hurt your engine

Tom

·
Registered
716 Posts
I was running super lean when I did my intake/header/exhaust. So lean the engine would die when I would take off from a stop sometimes. I would get a tune as soon as you can. It's definitely worth it

·
Registered
621 Posts
my 05 with cossie intake and header was fine. i got a lean code and a heated 02 code but my secondary o2 is still in the stock manifold so it just had a flat line in my scan tool. it didnt seem to bne runnging lean. but it could be diferent for other people.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts