Votes: 4 16.0%
  • No Glow

Votes: 4 16.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do yall preffer as underbody glow? L.E.D's, Neons, or NO GLOW? And can anyone tell me the best way too hook-up underbody lights?

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
Your just in luck. I have used both.

Green Neon
Neons tend to break easily from hard vibrations, or start to dim in certain spots.

These are my green neons when I had them

And when one of them began to dim in a spot.

7 Color LEDs
I have not had one problem yet! Just as bright as neons., with the fact you can make them flash, flicker, and dance. Pretty cool for show.

Although only seen in Blue here, these lights were actually dancing around, but since the shutter on the camera was left open longer than usual, it could not caputure it. If you want to see a video let me know, and I will get you one.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
I personally think that if your going to have neons/LEDs on your car, it should be underneath ONLY. Neon tubes everywhere just SCREAM rice.

·
Registered
563 Posts
LEds, and spend a few extra bucks and get the Inferno kit from Oznium.com. Does literally a million colors, and is an amazing kit. You can easily see it during the day it is so bright.

·
Registered
298 Posts
LED is the better way to go and about hooking it up - Hardwire it to your battery and create a switch and fuse somewhere on your dash. Like the ashtray switch panel mod.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone else got any pictures? I was thinking about doing red l.e.d's on my black ST once I got the lowering springs and etc. put on. Oh yeah and yes neons everywhere do sream rice!! But I was thinking of ketting two kits so I could make the glow cover the whole outline of the car and not just the 4 usual spots.

·
Registered
532 Posts
VARAD LED's. Very good price from Crutchfield. Havent had a single problem with them, and they are very low profile.

Just get ONE kit, the placement would be a pain, and it really wouldnt make it that much brighter.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
The only led i would do to my car is a few in the interior to set the mood. I ahve a real dark tint (5% around hte back and 35% on the side windows) so it tends to be dark in my car. I was thinking of some blue led's in my vents or perhaps under the dash to illuminate my floor. Underglow is too riced IMO.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
focus_racer19 said:
But I was thinking of ketting two kits so I could make the glow cover the whole outline of the car and not just the 4 usual spots.
Then what you wat is something like I have.. Streetglow's 7-Color LED Underbody Kit annd 7-Color Wheel Well Kit. They work AMAZING, light throw is GREAT, and the best part?

The hook up to EACH OTHER with a VERY EASY one-wire connect system (ever put one lego brick on another? Its THAT easy!)

And it just uses ONE controller... Rudel has the same Underbody kit I have, so he can attest to ease-of use.

More pictures are in the link in my signature line... but here is one for you now so you get the idea... not the greatest quality pic.. but it'll give you an idea....

Man.. I need to get some better glow pics.. hehe.

·
AKA Fast_Focus
6,089 Posts
not a big fan of glow anymore... but I would suggest LEDs if anything...

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
FastFocus2006 said:
not a big fan of glow anymore... but I would suggest LEDs if anything...
BLASPHEMY! [;)]

·
Registered
139 Posts
Glows look good Matt. Gald this was brought up cause i wanna get some green ones.

Question, Matt

"Streetglow's 7-Color LED Underbody Kit" Can you just pick 1 color and leave them on that color, or do they change ever so often?

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Answer, SVT N BLK

You can set it to one specific color. There is also a setting that will rotate the color about every 10 seconds or so.

There's also about 10 different 'scanning patterns' that can be used as well.. ping-pong, zig zag, cherry pic, fill/refill, marching ants, and a lot more.

It also can beat to the music.. which would be GREAT with your 15" Sub.. as well as it has a 'Rev Mode' feature.. where the lights will move sequentially forwrd from the rear of the car to the front of the car based on how high your RPMs are.

Its REALLY fun to play with[thumb]

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
CrazyMatt said:
....as well as it has a 'Rev Mode' feature.. where the lights will move sequentially forwrd from the rear of the car to the front of the car based on how high your RPMs are....[/B]
Matt, you need to tell me how to do this feature. I didn't know this can be done....

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Rudel..

You know how you press the button to turn it on? Press it again, and you enter Rev mode. Press it once more after that, and you enter Music Mode.

At least, that is what I think.. I am doing this from memory.

·
FF's Quadriplegic!
2,897 Posts
So once you turn it on, pressit once again. hmmmm. My lights flicker very fast as if you were to look at those floresant lights that look like they are getting ready to burn out.

Is that right?

Perhaps we have 2 different ones, or 2 different controlers.

·
Registered
174 Posts
yes i love neons but never used them underthe car
ive always had the neon install to my stereo

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Rudel... You did it right.... Its picking up your idle noise....

RPM Mode isn't perfect.. it has some flaws.... it kinda sucks.. because in order to see it work properly, you have to have two people... one watching from the outside, and the other revving the engine....

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Hmmmmm... I like the video.. but yeah.... Mine has beendoing the same thing too on RPM mode lately.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts