Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had this combo before? would it work? also i've heard people combine them with the eibach pro kit. can anyone tell me how that feels? my car is a dd, and i understand it wont be as comfortable as stock but i am looking for a little better handling. it'd make my trips to school alot more enjoyable. plus i could be the first '11 (in my area) to look different [:D]. any input would be great!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Koni spring's= 40mm. So you could run this combo. If your looking for a desent combi= FRPP's, spring's you have your choice of M-5560-ZX3B or M-5560-ZXM1, both are -1.5'' & strut's/shock's = M-18000-ZX3B, & Steve at Toulsey Ford can hook you up w/ a great deal. Miles at Tirerack has Eibach's -1.5'' kit w/ spring's & damper's & H&R's touring kit about -1.5'' kit. I hope that help's!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've had some very favorable responses from people running the AGX with the Koni Sport Springs. Maybe someone that is using them currently will speak up but even if not - this is a solid match to add a lot of handling.

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
When I searched for KYB struts/shocks none of the AGX series are available for 2008+.
Only seen them for up to 2007. The only ones available seemed to be the GR-2 series which are non adjustable. The koni springs also don't show up under 2008+ on TireRack

Maybe someone at TireRack can confirm, but this seems to be the case.

I'm trying to find an alternative to the FRPP kit or even the H&R coilover as much as I'd like them. A bit too pricey for me right now.
For some reason my car hates FRPP struts. Even with new springs and struts the front is soft, I can press down easily on it unlike some of my friends rides. I've went through 2 kits already. Blowing struts like nothing.

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured out the problem [thumb]

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I plan on using the massive onni kit. Everything suspension wise is the same but the front two knuckles. Which are larger. And that is exactly what that kit is made for

·
Registered
190 Posts
When I searched for KYB struts/shocks none of the AGX series are available for 2008+.
Only seen them for up to 2007. The only ones available seemed to be the GR-2 series which are non adjustable. The koni springs also don't show up under 2008+ on TireRack

Maybe someone at TireRack can confirm, but this seems to be the case.
Sorry but you're right that KYB isn't offering anything for the 2008+ models except the GR-2. From what I can see there is nothing in development right now either.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Sorry but you're right that KYB isn't offering anything for the 2008+ models except the GR-2. From what I can see there is nothing in development right now either.
I plan on using the massive onni kit. Everything suspension wise is the same but the front two knuckles. Which are larger. And that is exactly what that kit is made for
Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
Ah, I never knew such a thing existed.
So how exactly does the omni kit work? I can't seem to find pictures of the kit on a strut.

EDIT: I see, it's basically a fitting that makes the knuckles larger as you said. Cool.

·
Panamasian
2,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
from what i've read (and someone correct me if i'm wrong) they changed the size of the struts in the front to a larger diameter to 2006+ models because they were notorious for breaking. that being said, no strut for the 1999-2005 focus will fit into the new knuckles because they are too small. huge annoyance to those who want coilovers or whatever suspension they are looking for because, as you already know, manufactures have "given up" (as i call it) on the focus after those years. so what massive did was create an adapter to put on the sleeve to make it fit properly into the knuckle. it's pretty simple from what i've seen. all it is is an adapter. you can take if off if end up changing out your suspension again

Reactions: tetra

·
pwned
4,712 Posts
Yeah, that's way cool.
I wish I would of heard about this a long time ago.. lol

I guess I wasn't checking out the suspension forums enough!
Thanks guys for all your input! Rep for you :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts