Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to order some of the AGX's for my 05 ZX3 and have a few questions.

1.) Will I need to remove the "shock eye" for the lower mounting bolt from my OEM's and put them into the AGX's??? Do the AGX's come with a bushing already in place or is one even needed?

2.) I want to install the AGX's with a set of Eibach Pro springs, which I already have. Do I need to buy anything else? shims? camber kits? etc. I know that I will need to take the car somewhere and get an alignment done once I get everything installed.

I want my suspension set-up to be the AGX's with Eibach Pro springs, Eibach Anti-roll kit ( which I already have), and front and rear strut braces from Focus Sport (I already have the front, still need to buy the rear bar). Am I missing anything? Do I need anything else??? I am kinda new to doing suspension work and have come up this this set-up from reading the forums. I am open to any suggestions or tips.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
It's a really straight forward install.
you don't need shims or camber bolts.

Just re-use the stock dustboot cover, and retaining boot clip. Also the shock dust-covers/bushings as well.

Don't use the stock nuts for the shock/strut piston. Use the nuts supplied with the kit.

rear bars and sway bars will compliment the suspension package. It'll be a drastic change from stock, have fun with the install.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanks for the info. I'm hoping that everything goes pretty smoothly with the install.

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
^^me too![:p] i have springs, just waiting to get the srtuts & shocks ordered soon!!^
good luck on the install and enjoy the improved handleing, it'll be like a new car[thumb]
[driving] [driving]

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
my buddy has AGX's on his car with Votgland springs.....OMG.....NO lateral movement at ALL.....the best setup I think for the focus......you will LOVE THEM!..........he keeps his on the softest setting, and it is still awesome....

after I get boost, KYB AGX's will be going on my car as well....

·
FF Founder
20,121 Posts
Foci_Fosho said:
I am happy with my agx's at soft settings as well...
they rock.
I second Ryan's comments.

I've had mine for a little over a year now and they have been great.

Setting #2 seems to be best suited for me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't wait to get them and get them on the car. I've had some of the suspension parts sitting on shelves in the garage for a couple of months now. I'm starting to get impatient, the suspension needs to get done.

After the suspension is done, it's gonna be SVT brakes all around, and then on to some FI...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts