Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you stiffen the rears? Is the when the number is at the top...is that what its currently set at or what? There isn't a dot or anything to tell you when you have it set right.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Number/setting should be at the top, with the little triangle arrow pointing at it.
The settings go from 1 (soft) to 8 (firm).

Attachments

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, I could not see that arrow from the placement of the damper and the wheel hub.....I got them set at 3/7......perfect ride.

It lowered my car more in the rear, lol...like another 3/8"....and it rides cool with passengers.

I just need to get 215 vs. the 225 I have now....it rubs on large dips of course. But sweet ride...thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
hey time, whered you get the agxs from and how much? also, how much of a drop are you running?

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I have the 1.8" Progress springs.

Its supposed to rain tomorrow or else I would come to the Ricekiller meet, so you can see...I have about 2" drop in the rear now. The struts lowered me some more, not sure why....they are stiff. Maybe just because they are shorter.

And I got them on ebay for 295.00 shipped from JDMWERKS.

·
Shiroi kabocha
1,974 Posts
thanks, im gonna be picking up a set of those soon. im probably gonna match them up with some h&r race springs and the steeda race bar set.

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to call tech support today. The little plastic knob on the front struts that you adjust with the lil screw driver.

On my passenger side, it is not turning. Its set on 3, which is where I wanted...but I can't go to 4 to see whats that is like.

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
1) Push down while you turn it.
2) Once it's positioned on the setting you want, make sure it "pops" back up in place.
3) I always go through the settings one at a time, letting it pop up in each location.
^^^ IOW, I never just push it down and rotate it all the way through the settings.

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, I tried that and it works perfectly, 1-3....but the passenger front will not engage into the 4 setting. Maybe I need to try jacking the car up and taking some load off the strut and see if that fixes it.

Although I think 4 might be too stiff, I would like to experiment a little.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts