Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm close to replacing my OEM P6s..33K and they're pretty much used up. My goal right now is to install a decent performing all season tire which will ultimately be my "winter" tires, on the stock rims. Most likely this summer I'll be getting a set of 17's with tires. I've looked a lot on TireRack, read reviews, etc. and have narrowed it down to a couple, but this Kuhmo has really caught my eye for its price/performance. The other tire I'm considering is the Continental Conti ExtremeContact, though they're a few more bucks. I've had them previously on an Audi and loved them, and got about 35K miles out of a set. But right now, I'm more interested in feedback on the Kuhmos. BTW I'm looking at 205/55WR16s...stock are 50s.

Any opinions or suggestions on it or something similarly priced would be appreciated, thanks !

Doug

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, yea yea....who told YOU about the Contis ?? lol

yay..#800! haha

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
My car came with a pair of these tires (ASX) on the rear. I thought they were alright, until I put them up front and they wore extemely fast.

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks...what kind of miles do you think they had on them when you replaced them ?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I bought the car with 11,00 miles and I believe they were fresh then. I ran them for about 10,000 on the back and they were great, then when I put them up front, they didn't last 10,000.

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool, thanks for the info. Reviews I've been reading have mileages ranging from the low 20K to mid 30K..of course, driving style and road conditions are two huge variables. I'm hoping to make a decision this week. Thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts