Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone happen to have the Kugel Komponents V8 conversion instructions? I just want to see what is involved and whether they cover the PCM and related wiring in any detail.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm sure if you call the shop that does the conversion, they will give you an idea of what's involved. I don't know how close you are to the shop, but they are in Florida too. It may be worth the trip to go see for yourself.

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
31,817 Posts
I have a V-8 408 Focus for sale $15,000.00 engine alone would cost you 7000.00 , Trans/ converter 2000.00 , V-8 kit and parts 4500.00 , Body 2000.00 and that dont count about 5000.00 in other parts , shipping or labor , ask the guys that have built one and see what they have in it

Tom

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^^ Stop bragging Tom... ;)

I just wanted to know how the kit addresses EFI on 5.0 Mustang engines (obviously not a problem on a carb'd 351W)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Would that still run the gauge cluster and other necessary bits? Or would the Mustang ECU be secondary?

This is the question I cannot seem to get answered, even by the Monster Miata guys. They want to have me pay $40 for the instructions manual that come with the kit.

·
FF Affiliate
31,817 Posts
No, gauges would have to be wired in , Unlike the Focus the Mustang (older ones) dont work with the dash or just add gauges like I did where all the stock gauges use to be in the dash

Just make me an offer and buy mine and be done with it

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
I got to see it and hear it and watch it haul ass at his shop when i was getting my car tuned and its a beast it is soooooooo sexy and it dominates

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.