Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to have the Kugel Komponents V8 conversion instructions? I just want to see what is involved and whether they cover the PCM and related wiring in any detail.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm sure if you call the shop that does the conversion, they will give you an idea of what's involved. I don't know how close you are to the shop, but they are in Florida too. It may be worth the trip to go see for yourself.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Anyone seen the Kugel kit used in a wagon, I've been wondering lately if the subframe would work in the wagons or just the ZX3, ZX5 models.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Mine's a Wagon.

No problems, the front subframe is the same, the rear coilovers are mounted differently, but mine is one of the early setups, I believe the rear is the same apart from the spring rate.

·
Registered
38 Posts
when you buy the kit it comes with an instuction sheet, also you can all jim at tees custom he will help you over the phone if you need it

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
I have a V-8 408 Focus for sale $15,000.00 engine alone would cost you 7000.00 , Trans/ converter 2000.00 , V-8 kit and parts 4500.00 , Body 2000.00 and that dont count about 5000.00 in other parts , shipping or labor , ask the guys that have built one and see what they have in it

Tom

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^ Stop bragging Tom... ;)

I just wanted to know how the kit addresses EFI on 5.0 Mustang engines (obviously not a problem on a carb'd 351W)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would that still run the gauge cluster and other necessary bits? Or would the Mustang ECU be secondary?

This is the question I cannot seem to get answered, even by the Monster Miata guys. They want to have me pay $40 for the instructions manual that come with the kit.

·
FF Affiliate
31,092 Posts
No, gauges would have to be wired in , Unlike the Focus the Mustang (older ones) dont work with the dash or just add gauges like I did where all the stock gauges use to be in the dash

Just make me an offer and buy mine and be done with it

Tom

·
Registered
468 Posts
No, gauges would have to be wired in , Unlike the Focus the Mustang (older ones) dont work with the dash or just add gauges like I did where all the stock gauges use to be in the dash

Just make me an offer and buy mine and be done with it

Tom

how do you like the v8setup in the Focus? fast?

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
I got to see it and hear it and watch it haul ass at his shop when i was getting my car tuned and its a beast it is soooooooo sexy and it dominates

1 - 14 of 14 Posts