Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
☼
7,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a commercial for this.. no sanding, no prep work. Anyone use this stuff? I'm thinking of painting my vents, radio surround, gauge surround, door parts, and parts of center console. Thinking of buying 2 cans of blue, and 2 cans of clear, just in case. Anyone have any advice if they've used this stuff before?

·
Registered
255 Posts
yep, i used it about 2 yrs ago and haven't had any problems, i got the red and all you should need is the paint itself and no clear, just make sure you do it in light coats as you don't want it to run and/or fisheye. i'll send a pic of mine if i can figure out how to send one on here

·
Registered
255 Posts
ok well just look in my photo gallery

·
Registered
255 Posts
oh and make sure you use some kind of like rubbing alcohol on the plastic first, so that you get all the oils and dirt and what not off. but it looks great and i haven't had n e troubles with it, not even when cleaning it with armor-all.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Krylon Fusion is great. Just make sure to clean the surface with saopy water or rubbing alcohol first. Sticks to plastic like a dream.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Truthfully, I have NEVER had a problem using just regular paint on plastic. Im sure krylon may stick better than some but with proper prep work, regular paint sticks fine.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I used krylon fusion to paint my hood vents on my snowmobile and it turned out great! Like everyone said just make sure to clean the surface first and then go with lots of light coats rather than heavy coats of paint so it doesnt get all runny. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Probably won't find a color to match oem interior but I painted two diffrent interiors with the stuff and was happy for a while

1 - 10 of 10 Posts