Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not sure to what to do to remove it, any help to remove the glue please, im so stressed as i just got the new front bumper. thanks

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
have you tried goo gone?

also if that doesn't work you might try goof off. but NOT A LOT!

·
Registered
495 Posts
if you try goo gone, use a q-tip or something...that stuff takes paint off....i had a little on a rag once and didnt realize it was still wet and wiped off a painted cabinet door...started to take the paint right off....so be carefull

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
Nail polish remover or acetone, pretty much the same thing. Use a cotton ball, and it will take a while to break it down..

·
Registered
724 Posts
Acetone will remove paint faster than almost any other solvent. I would keep away from it on a freshly painted surface.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
Acetone will remove paint faster than almost any other solvent. I would keep away from it on a freshly painted surface.
If you rub on the paint for an extended period of time, it will eat through it sure, but you have to be smart about it. Small amount on a cotton ball or q-tip is perfectly fine.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all.. pure acetone did it for me.. although the lady at the counter looked at me weird when i handed her cotton balls and acetone, it was well worth it! It seems as though the glue has eaten through the clear coat but after a little wax it was unnoticeable, however you can slightly still feel where the glue was

1 - 9 of 9 Posts