Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I've run my 2000 ZX3 in 3 or 4 autocross events this past season here in SoFla and am looking forward to the 2015 season where I will be running every event.

That said, I installed Koni Yellows on all four corners with SVT springs and sways. When I got my Hankook Rs-3s I realized that my car has too much body roll . I have a set of H&R race springs I've yet to install because I've read that the Konis should be re-valved first. Is this true?

This car will be used almost exclusively in autocross, so streetability is not really a concern. thanks for your replies.

·
Registered
369 Posts
The Svt spring rate is significantly less than H&R's but I don't know off hand what the rates for the Konis should be. Best advise would be to,contact Lee Grimes at Koni direct. Great guy and super helpful and will only advise what is proper for his products. Konis web site should have him listed under technical support.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I called Koni and TrueChoice and reps at both places said that the OTS Koni Sport valving would handle the spring rates of the H&R Race springs. Incidentally, I called H&R as well and the rates for the Race springs are 315F / 370R (lbs/in).

·
Registered
25 Posts
315F/370R are very streetable rates. i had 450/550 on my civic, a much lighter car, and with koni yellows the damping was just about right. i think you'll like those springs

·
slow
1,734 Posts
Remember, the motion ratios of the suspension design are different between the the focus and the civic, so spring rates may not be directly comparable.
And of course street-ability varies greatly between people, and even changes over time;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts