Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried to look up availability of some touch up pain for my Kona Blue Focus on the Ford parts website.

No dice.

Is this permanently unavailable due to the discontinuation of this color?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I thought they were bringing Kona Blue Back, so it is probably a temporary lack of availability.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I had them get me a little bottle when I bought mine. It was all watery. Dupli-color probably has some. I think Kona blue is on earlier Mustangs and models. Don't quote me.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Yes, thanks for reminding me of the magic of eBay![thankyou] I have the original Red Candy (U6). When I was at the dealer last week, they said they "didn't even see this in the system". I told them that was pretty lame since that is the Ford paint code on the door jamb...and you are a Ford dealer...how can touch up paint not be in the system..lame. [?|] Didn't offer to call the main warehouse or...OK, done griping (almost)

Well, I just ordered the U6 paint from eBay. Its hard to "buy local" when the OEM parts department is weak as crap.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Seems like it's the same deal on this side of the border but with the RZ replacement Red Candy as well. Dealer had to consult with Ford Parts to get advisement on what the part no. was that they had to order in (I had to go back and "double-check" for them that the paint code I gave them on the door jamb was what I originally told them).

Yes, thanks for reminding me of the magic of eBay![thankyou] I have the original Red Candy (U6). When I was at the dealer last week, they said they "didn't even see this in the system". I told them that was pretty lame since that is the Ford paint code on the door jamb...and you are a Ford dealer...how can touch up paint not be in the system..lame. [?|] Didn't offer to call the main warehouse or...OK, done griping (almost)

Well, I just ordered the U6 paint from eBay. Its hard to "buy local" when the OEM parts department is weak as crap.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Seems like it's the same deal on this side of the border but with the RZ replacement Red Candy as well. Dealer had to consult with Ford Parts to get advisement on what the part no. was that they had to order in (I had to go back and "double-check" for them that the paint code I gave them on the door jamb was what I originally told them).
I least your dealer "consulted with Ford Parts" which is what I was hoping for but he didn't even suggest that, [scratch] so I figured I'd move on. My dealer is very good overall but this parts counter guy just didn't seem too sharp.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts