Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi new to all this so be patient!

my focus has a real loud knocking from the rear, and is steadily been getting worse over a period of 2-3 months.

it went through its MOT a month ago whilst having the problem and sailed through without any faults, i have changed the anti roll bar bushes since and have checked the damper bushings, the exhaust support rubbers are al fine and the exhaust doesn't contact the underside of the car anywhere, but still the knocking persists.

are there any common faults that could be my problem?

any help would be much appreciated!

thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hi jaaquo,

Welcome to the forum! That noise must be annoying! Have you considered visiting your local dealer to have your Focus diagnosed? They are in the best position to determine the cause of your knocking. You can locate the closest one here. Please let me know if I can be of any additional help!

~Natasha

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Other thing...Have you changed anything before the knocking started? Exhaust, shocks? anythging? ...If so start there

It would probably help to get it up on a lift and just pull, tug, wiggle, grab everything and see whats loose... Tough to diagnose without hearing it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Annoying isn't the word!! Yea I have had it on a lift and done that with a large pry bar and can't find anything loose, the bushes look fine and not perished. I am lacking in money so a trip to the dealer is out of the question! It is very loud and quite a deep knock.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
What kind of knock? Does it sound like a spring that is impromperly seated sliding around or like a baffle banging around loose in your muffler? What conditions do you hear the noise under?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts