Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know this is a dumb question but do we have one in our car?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I cant find for the life of me in the SCT software any PID to datalog it though... Tom you happen to know how to datalog the KS ?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where is the sensor located at? does it retard timing when you are about to detonate? just trying to find out a little more about it.

·
FF Affiliate
30,885 Posts
It is located on the block just below #2 Cyl yes it picks up the Frequency caused by the deto and pulls timing global

It has to see deto before it can pull any timing ANY knock sensor even the J&S has to see deto before it can retard timing

Tom

·
Registered
356 Posts
1turbofocus said:
You CANNOT log the knock sensor on the SVT only the ZX3 on the SCT software

Tom
Doh, stupid computers have foiled me! ;) Sorta wanted to see if on hot days at autoX or something I was getting any... oh well... :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Would a knock sensor keep me from Boosting? Like is it pulling so much timing that it feels like a rev limiter and not allow me to boost??

(I have Toms Stg1 that I just installed....same exact set up Mike 1 had - Im using his tune, the only thing different is my OEM Plugs, MSD Coil and Wires...)

·
FF Affiliate
30,885 Posts
TurboSVTF said:
Would a knock sensor keep me from Boosting? Like is it pulling so much timing that it feels like a rev limiter and not allow me to boost??

(I have Toms Stg1 that I just installed....same exact set up Mike 1 had - Im using his tune, the only thing different is my OEM Plugs, MSD Coil and Wires...)
No.

Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts