Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2 weeks ago I bought a 2012 SEL that was originally sold in Canada, everything was flipped over in settings to MPH and Gallons but the cruise stays stuck on KMH ... Ford has told the local ford dealer I went to about the issue that it cannot be changed and it's stuck that way ... I know in my '16 Fusion it flips back and forth when you change it so Ford has corrected this foul up ... Does anyone know of a fix for this ... Cuz it's annoying as hell lol

Thanks !

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
About 2 weeks ago I bought a 2012 SEL that was originally sold in Canada, everything was flipped over in settings to MPH and Gallons but the cruise stays stuck on KMH ... Ford has told the local ford dealer I went to about the issue that it cannot be changed and it's stuck that way ... I know in my '16 Fusion it flips back and forth when you change it so Ford has corrected this foul up ... Does anyone know of a fix for this ... Cuz it's annoying as hell lol

Thanks !
Hi Cleve,

I want to look into this further. Please send me a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and servicing dealer's name/location.

Meagan

·
Registered
313 Posts
You can change this in Forscan. I'm not sure of the option name off the top of my head, but I know I saw it when looking at settings for my wife's Explorer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a 2017 Canada-spec Focus from a Ford dealer 1.5 weeks ago and noticed this problem on the drive home. Took the car back to the dealer. They've had the car a week and couldn't fix it. Just called me and said "We tried every setting we could think of in the BCM and PCM last week and couldn't fix it. We actually just talked to a lead fiware engineer at headquarters in Michigan. He says there is no fix. He admits it's a software problem as the bill of materials of the Canada Focus and US Focus is exactly the same and they rolled off the same assembly line. He says he personally has a Canada-spec Fusion with same problem and that they considered developing a fix but so far have not." Just purchased a FORSCAN OBD II adapter and I'm going to attempt it on my own. If anyone can remember the exact option name / setting that sure would be helpful.

·
Registered
179 Posts
This is so bizarre, since as far as I can tell the cruise control still actually increments in miles per hour for Canadian spec cars. (Which also tweaks my OCD tendancies, since I can't set the cruise to 120km/h, it's either 119km/h or 121 km/h.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I finally got around to trying Forscan with a ELM_327 OBD2 device. If you've used Forscan before you know that there are two types of module configurations:

1. Ones displayed in HEX (decoding of hex required).
2. Ones displayed with a configuration choice (no decoding of hex required).

For my 2017 Ford Focus SE, Canadian spec, I looked through all the modules that give you an obvious configuration choice. For my car there are only three:

APIM Accessory Protocol Interface Module
BdyCM Body Control Module
IPC Instrument Panel Control (or is it Cluster?) Module

I would have guessed that either the BdyCM or IPC would have had a "Cruise Control Units" setting, but neither do.

I did find one setting, can't remember where, where the vehicle origin was set to "CA" I assume for Canada, but it wasn't possible to change. I would have been afraid to change such a global parameter anyway.

So, I'm guessing, if it's possible to fix, you'd have to know exactly which hex value to change and what to change it to to solve this issue. The modules with hex settings are:

PCM Powertrain Control Module (unlikely)
APIM Accessory Protocol Interface Module (unlikely)
ABS Antilock Brake System (very unlikely)
RCM Restraint Control Module (very unlikely)
PSCM Power Steering Control Module (very unlikely)
BdyCM Body Control Module (possible)
FCDIM Front Control Display Interface Module (very likely)
ACM Audio Control Module (very unlikely)
IPC Instrument Panel Control Module (possible)
GPSM Global Positioning System Module

My first guesses would be FCDIM and/or IPC.

Does anyone have a spreadsheet for what the hex values in the FCDIM and IPC change?

It's very possible that NONE of the available configuration parameters available in Forscan will fix this. The hex codes are the last hope.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Forgot to mention, there are only 13 blocks in IPC configuration. Mine look like this:

Block 1 720G1G1430100006D
Block 2 720G2G1001E9C1F0A0D; 720G2G2062452101FD6
Block 3 720G3G1BFCB0403BC
Block 4 720G4G1070403023C
Block 5 720G5G1070403023D
Block 6 720G6G13400040369
Block 7 720G7G1011E004E
Block 8 720G8G11800080050
Block 9 720G9G1001E053C90
Block 10 720GAG1FE36
Block 11 720GBG1050000003E
Block 12 720HCG1FF3F1900A7
Block 13 720I4G1000000005E

It would be super helpful if someone with a US Focus (that has the cruise in MPH) could post their configuration blocks so we could compare.

Thanks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Maybe you can reflash with US software? Did the dealer offer that option?

PM Ldsundance on this forum as I think he has some experience with this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts