Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh yeah, it's toast...
June 3, 2006 at 12:52PM Mountain Time, somewhere outside of Powell,WY on this G2G:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=87633

And, of course, now that it's no longer under the full warranty,
I ended up losing my windshield washers between last night and this morning: [mad]
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88701

Note:
I was coasting in neutral when I took the pic.
I was also hacked off I didn't get it right when it rolled over.[:(]

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
the warranty is gone.... that means it's time for a turbo [}:)]

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
What took you so long [;)]

·
Registered
511 Posts
Umm, mines an 03 (born 03/03/03) and I only have 33k on the odo. I kissed the "3 year" part goodbye last month though.

Lots of 3's in my post LOL

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Well, since warranty is no longer an issue, maybe there is a ProCharger in your future? lol

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that means it's time for a turbo
maybe there is a ProCharger in your future?
^^^LOL!

No FI for me for a while...still have that 5yr/100,000mile Powertrain warranty to keep in mind. [;)]
That, and I don't want to be kicked out of STS (SCCA) at the moment.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Buy the extended warranty.

It's worth every penny and they discount you for having the powertrain.

I've used mine twice so far. Once for a bad wheel bearing, and once for a new MAF. I'm about to use it again for a bad trunk latch before my focus rolls over 100k miles. $50 will fix any problem that comes up.

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Mine's camping right around 27,000 miles.

Course thats thanks to almost a year of no use. [hihi]

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'll be over on time long before mileage - 3yrs rolls over next spring and I'm only at 25k.....she's not getting driven in winter any more and if I can, I drive my beater Jeep to work in the raiin too.....

In the end, I really appreciate the car more when I drive it - no doubt day in, day out is never a bore, but when its less frequent that, the days I do drive it, its really a lot to enjoy!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
This August will be three years for me... I have about 32,500 on it right now... I haven't had a car out of warranty since 1999.. GULP... knocking on wood.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
my car just turned 17k and i'm already approaching 2 years. good thing i got that 5yr/100k warrenty though.

also read your gtg, great pictures Doug [thumb]

besided you coulda photoshopped it and no one woulda ever known [;)] [paranoid]

·
Registered
723 Posts
I rolled over my 36K this past week. I did get the extended warranty though.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
i'm trying to decide if i want to extend the warranty or not. i've been back and forth but can't decide. i'm only a couple hundred miles away from 36k. i keep thinking about how the cost of it is like a couple car payments as i'm trying to get my car paid off really early. i'd either go with 5 yr 75k which would last me another 2 years or 6 yr 100k which would last me another 3 yrs.

the thing is, i've hardly used the 3yr 36k mile warranty. i've taken it in for the loose heatshield and that's it. however i am afraid that after 36k miles, all of a sudden it'll start falling apart on me lol

what do you guys think i should do???

·
Registered
192 Posts
whats the price difference between the two? i know your trying to pay your car off early, but think of it this way, your car goes over the 36k mark and stuff start happening to it, you will be dishing out money left right and centre, and not be able to pay off your car as you would like.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
yeah i know you're right, i've thought about that. i'm probably going to do the 5 year 75k mile one. the premium warranty which covers everything except normal wear and tear is like $450 but you'll have to pay a $100 deductible to the dealership if you take it in. you can pay $80 on top of the $450 and the deductible drops to $50. that's for the 5 yr 75k mile warranty btw. the premium 6yr 100k mile warranty is $590 and another $100 some for the $50 deductible which is a lot if you ask me. i don't think i'm going with that

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I've used the extended warranty a few times. It has paid for itself.

Depending on what goes wrong with your car, one trip to the shop and the thing could pay for itself. Even silly little items that you may not want to pay for unless you had the warranty... for instance, my power trunk latch...

Besides that, you get peace of mind. That alone is worth the extra $600 you shell out, IMHO.

Knowing that whatever happens to your car, you'll only have to pay $50 to get it fixed is NICE.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Another thing to remember is that if you decide to sell the car, and it has an extended warranty on it, you can get more for it. So, for the people who are thinking they may not keep the car, this keeps your options open - if you keep it, you're covered, but if you sell it, you can probably get most if not all of your investment back.

I bought my 6/75 for $450 when I was at 32 months/34k miles, and the idea that I would not use $450 worth of non-powertrain repairs over the extra 36 months/39k miles is a joke to me - at 35.6k miles I needed a new head unit and a pass. side tie rod installed.

It could just as easily have happened 500 miles later, and would have been way over $450 - and neither covered under the 5/100k powertrain warranty.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts