Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not promote street racing......

So around 3PM on my way to work using a long stretch of highway, a liquid gray SVT was waiting at the light...I stopped behind him 'cause people on the other lane......The guy's tag reads BABY SVT and had one Ford Racing sticker on the back window...............The light turns green and it seems he's pushing the car at a max on the 1st gear so I go at it too.........So basically I started riding his ass to see if I could stay with him..........The guy went full throttle....so did I

1st ok, 2nd gear still behind him, I shift in 3rd and immediatly see him taking a bit of an advance lets say 1 foot but I push mine up to 6500 RPM and come back to him and finally 4th im still riding him but I am now about not even a car length behind.........After going at it 'til 90MPH he slows down...I pass him.....look at him and we both have a huge smile on our faces and we're noding our heads to each other..............

Conclusion...the guy wanted to show me but he recognized I had some and I am pretty impressed with my lil' ZX3 keepin up so good to the SVTF......I taught he would have exploded me but I guess his tq did do him favor 'cause the road was kind of uphill...........Anyway love the ZX3 and paid $14,000 and I can hang with the $20,000 one..........Coolo...

Peace......

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
hehe u can hang a straight line :p lucky u guys werent auto x'in. thats cool though, the first time i beat an svt i was happy. but once u drive one, u realize its an entirely different car with entirely different goals. just looks the same.

props though :)

·
Registered
793 Posts
LOL I love the title of this thread "I was kinda racing" LOL thats like "....well gee officer I was only kinda racing....."

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're right......I'm happy now but the day I drive one I'll probably trade my ZX3........I had this huge smile on my face going in to work def hilarious........

Peace....

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Man I wish I could race[:(] [:(] [:(] This stupid weather up here. To much snow just have to take it easy for a couple of months. Even worse I got a few mods to put on but won't be able to test them out till spring. I think I have only seen one SVT up here, I keep hunting for him but can't find anywhere.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
smoknzx3 said:
Man I wish I could race[:(] [:(] [:(] This stupid weather up here. To much snow just have to take it easy for a couple of months. Even worse I got a few mods to put on but won't be able to test them out till spring. I think I have only seen one SVT up here, I keep hunting for him but can't find anywhere.
HotRodWagon said:
Minot, ND.......I totally hear you!

·
Registered
386 Posts
I drive a ZX3 PZEV and about about another 700 so dollars into it and I'd say I could do more than keep up with an SVT [:)] . And to think...I got my Pzev for 10G's out the door....

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Mofocus..........Im still learning state abbreviation so didn't click right away...........

Peace......

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
no reason, I just never saw a svt in liquid gray, and if someone painted their svt liquid gray, I'd like to see it.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Cool. Sounds like something my boyfriend would do.

I've driven an SVTF also and I'd like to say it was okay but I'd prefer my lil old ZX3 any day:) (Sorry SVTF owners)

·
Registered
150 Posts
yeah dude, if it was liquid grey then it wasn't an SVTF. SVT only come in Silver, Red, Blue, Black, Euro yellow, and euro orange. No Liquid grey. Don't be fooled by stickers and badges. you can get those anywhere. I'll tell you right now, I own a SVT and a ZX3. From experiences in driving both of them and racing them, the SVTF is alot faster especially on top end. [rolleyes]

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No..no ...my bad, I did not know there were 2 grey colors so I automatically assume that we call it liquid grey......plus he def had the SVT body kit so sorry for any confusions............

Peace......

·
Registered
386 Posts
I personally think the new 2.3L can take a SVT on the quater these days with the same mods. They do got the top end on the PZEV, but the HP gains from just the minor bolt on's are giving way more hp than a SVT with the same bolt ons. Reguardless...SVT's adn SVTF's are sweet...All for one, and one for all foci of all kind!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.