Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im working on the car w/ the door open and the key in alot, and this little beeping mofo is getting to me, i want a good sure all clean way to kill it, i found its hiding place behind the fuse panel under the steering wheel, upon removing it i found the lil bastard and am now looking for the best way to just kill the little chime speaker, any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and heres the little black round bugger[xx(]

Attachments

·
FF Bouncer
3,178 Posts

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i read that already, and its not what im looking for, it involves messing w/ wires, i dont want to mess w/ wires per se if i dont have to, i would prefer the lights to come on and everything like normal but no BEEP...... so far i just left that box out and turned the key, no seat belt light or chime, no door light or chime either.....havnt started the car w/ it out yet BUT so far as i can tell all that box does is annoy

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Well, it's not exactly a complete stop of the chime, but in the past I have simply put a small piece of plastic electical tape over the hole in the black piezo thingie and it cuts the sound down to where it doesn't bother me.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
you could squirt glue or silicone inside that little speaker, if it can't vibrate, it cant make any noise...

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i was actually thinking of somthing like the glue or the screw, if i could find a cap or somthing i could slip over the end to silence it, thatd be perfect, i think thats what ima do

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Scott_SVT said:
you could squirt glue or silicone inside that little speaker, if it can't vibrate, it cant make any noise...
Just use something that won't melt and I think thats the way to go. ^^^^

·
Registered
176 Posts
Use a soldering iron and some solder removal braid and heat the leads on the underside, remove the solder and it should slide right out...then you can replace it if you ever change your mind.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts