Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally ordered my sub and i got the kicker L5 12", now i need help on an amp. I was looking at kicker or diamond amps and the guy at stereotomy said the sub wants 600 watts so any ideas would be helpful.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
get a kicker amp that has the same wattage as the sub and there u go

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea but kicker has a 500 watt amp and a 750 watt amp. so youre saying go with the 750 watt and tune it down a bit?

also, what box would give me the best sound, im looking for loud deep bass that when I turn on that lil wayne, everyone knows im coming haha. but at the same time want to be able to listen to rock and techno and everything, i like it all.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea ive heard that the 750 can give out around 930-940. but i have no plans to upgrade the sub anytime soon because after this im movin on to other parts of the car, i just wanted some good sound first. I dont want to underpower the sub, and i dont want to blow it out either.

any other companies that would make an amp that matches good with this sub?

I saw an alpine 600 watt amp and was wondering if that would be perfect?

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'd go with the Kicker 500 or the Alpine MRP-M500. I've heard of a lot of people blowing the L5's with out a problem. However that kind of depends on how your using it. I recently blew a Alpine type R 12' with only a 600 watt cerwin vega that didn't make much sense to me.

·
Flat Black King
8,203 Posts
either get one thats under the watts of the amp or over and turn the amp down. trying not to blow ur sub

1 - 16 of 16 Posts