Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like in transporter 2 how u need the ignition code to start the car anyone kow a good fairly cheap one i can get around 50.00 for one? i think this is a little bit cooler then push button plus makes the care that much harder to steal

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
well, if you are good at electronics and finding circuits...

I'd use ford's Securi-lock system, those 4-5 button pads underneath the door handles of some models of explorers/escapes and others...

I aint too familiar with them, but I think they work on top of the factory or aftermarket alarm, as an AUX input or something? When the correct code is used, it sends a 12 volt pulse to the door actuators to unlock the doors.

I'd suppose it could be possible to adapt it to the ignition circuit....

at least that's one slightly possible idea.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this site is cool they hav eone but i think i want something slimer and they have a really nice car alarm i thin i might get that someday its the first one one the top 8000 something

http://www.asianwolf.com/videolinks.html;$sessionid$QOTSCCYAAAFF3TZENUFJPQWPERWRJPX0

·
Registered
549 Posts
i know you can get a starter kill keypad off ebay for 30 bucks shipped and if used with a push button starter that would be pretty trick. but as far as a keypad to start the car, i searched all over and couldnt find anything, you would need the keypad to feed into a relay that would turn the engine over for a precise length of time, and on cold morning or when your car happens to not start on the first try, you would have to keep reentering the code.[;)]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts