Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 SE came with the keypad on the door. I did not like it at first, but it is useful. I can open and lock the drivers door. Does it also open all the doors and I read somewhere it can open the trunk? I don't remember seeing a code for that.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I found this on a Ford dealer's web site:

Your Keyless Entry Key Pad can do more than just unlock the driver side door.

Once you enter in your key code press button 3/4 to unlock all doors.

If you press button 5/6 after your key code is entered it will open your lift gate if you vehicle is equipped with one.

Instead of fumbling around with your keys to find the lock button just press button7/8 and 9/0 at the same time to lock all your doors.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I found this on a Ford dealer's web site:

Your Keyless Entry Key Pad can do more than just unlock the driver side door.

Once you enter in your key code press button 3/4 to unlock all doors.

If you press button 5/6 after your key code is entered it will open your lift gate if you vehicle is equipped with one.

Instead of fumbling around with your keys to find the lock button just press button7/8 and 9/0 at the same time to lock all your doors.
Back when I was in high school, mom had a 2001 Explorer with the keypad on the door. Greatest invention ever.

Over the years, all of my family members have purchased Fords with keypads on them. We all set the code to the same number and keep a spare key inside the car.

It's really convenient if we have to swap cars at work or what have you.

Personally I use it most for when I have my car in the driveway (normally it's in the garage). I'll be working outside while my main set of keys is inside where I normally leave them. If I need to move the car, I just unlock the door, use the spare inside and move my car. No having to go inside to get the keys!

Leaving a spare key inside is also a good backup if you are out and lose your keys. At least you'll be able to drive yourself home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts