Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pad is just about 2 years old and stopped working this weekend. When I say "doesn't work", it lights up when you touch the keys, but I can't get it to lock/unlock the doors. Thank God I was at home with my spare key; I always lock my keys in it. Lights on indicates that the battery is working on these things should last at least 10 years is my guess. I do use it heavily (2-3 times a day). I have the manual that came with it and thought about doing a re-program. Anyone?

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
No experience with those, but I was going to vote battery myself. My key FOB battery is dying (my car has been warning me [:)]), making IA hard to use, but the buttons still work when I press them. I wouldn't assume the lights being on are a good indication of a fully-charged battery.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the battery...as I read through the instructions it talked about it giving you a warning that the battery was getting low..an extra lock..well..its been doing that for a while. Will get dealer to change out next time i'm in for service. That really stinks that it didn't even last 2 years..maybe I can hope that they replace as a warranty but I doubt it.

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
Its the battery...as I read through the instructions it talked about it giving you a warning that the battery was getting low..an extra lock..well..its been doing that for a while. Will get dealer to change out next time i'm in for service. That really stinks that it didn't even last 2 years..maybe I can hope that they replace as a warranty but I doubt it.
What really sucks is that the battery is not replaceable because it is a sealed unit. $85 in the trash.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I remembered your original post mentioning "I do use it heavily", but looking back at the details I don't think 2-3 times per day is heavy use.

10 yrs. might be a little long to expect, but less than 2 yrs. is certainly short.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could have been sitting for God knows how long at the dealer when I bought my car. Oh well. I can't live without this @#$#@ thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts