Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting, but the Keyless Entry Option (that stick-on numeric keypad) is no longer available when building your own Focus. At least it's no where I can find any longer.

Does anyone actually have one?

·
Registered
23 Posts
They still have it on the SE and SEL. Looks like its missing on the Titanium. I never really looked to see if it was available on any other model than my SE.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was available for the Titanium. I considered getting it, then found it after-market (cheaper) so was just going to buy one that way. Still thinking of mounting it inside the gas flap if it will work from there. Better than a hide-a-key.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have it on my SE. We use it all the time on my truck as well. We put the same code in for both. If you want to leave a car for someone, we lock the keys in it and the kids have the code so they can go get the vehicle. Plus, my wife locks herself out on a regular basis, so its pretty handy in that regard.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I really wish they would make it paint to match. I had one on my 09 Limited Escape and it just looks like an afterthought. I like the gas opening idea though! On the 94+ mustangs guys would put it on their cowl which was an odd place too, but the gas opening is a good idea.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I plan on getting one and setting it up once I have the car. Will post details. I know it's hard (impossible?) to lock the keys in the car with IA. But I'd still rather have the keypad as a backup. I don't need one on each door, but one tucked away somewhere would be very useful. Definitely don't want to put an IA key in a hide-a-key in a wheel-well, the car would never be secure!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I believe that the keyless entry keypad has always been a dealer installed option on the 2012 Focus. Even when a car is ordered from the factory, the factory just ships the keypad with the car and then the dealer installs it before the customer takes delivery of the car.

I just purchased and SEL hatch off a dealer's lot and had the keyless entry keypad added by the dealer. Also, I was told that the keyless entry keypad is not available on the Titanium because it's not compatible with the "keyless" access system (IA) used on the Ti.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
interesting because it was available for months. if it wasn't compatible you think they would have known right away..?

·
Registered
179 Posts
It was available here in Canada, however, when my dealership when to install it, they couldn't. I have the IA system and in order to program it, you need to be able to "cycle" the keys in the ignition chamber, since my Titanium doesn't have that, alas, no keypad. The strange thing is, my parents drive a 2011 Lincoln MKX with the IA and their vehicle has the keypad. The one difference though is the keypad on the MKX is factory installed and not dealer installed like the 2012 Focus.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was my understanding that the keypad works similar to the door unlock button on the keyfob. Don't know why it wouldn't work with IA, but poor design if it doesn't.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
It was available for the Titanium. I considered getting it, then found it after-market (cheaper) so was just going to buy one that way. Still thinking of mounting it inside the gas flap if it will work from there. Better than a hide-a-key.
That is a cool idea. thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts