Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, heres the problem. my zx3 has no power door locks and i want to get keyless entry on it. but i took my car to a local audio shop and they told me that they could do it no problem. then they call me back and tell me that they can not do it because ford used a cable system in the focus to unlock the doors! damn. so my question is has anyone had keyless entry on there non-power doors? thanks.[?|]

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot, i am thinking about just getting the doors shaved and having poppers on them, i had that on my ranger and loved it.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
this CAN be done! my brother's zx3 is power-nothing. the dealer had an aftermarket alarm and keyless entry put in as part of the deal. i think the hardware they used was from audiovox. the alarm is a karr, if that makes any difference. call some ford dealers in your area and see what they know.

Mike

·
Registered
549 Posts
If you want to add keyless to your vehicle, you will need to add an actuator in each door. A hole needs to be drilled through your plastic door lock assembly for the actuator's push rod. The push rod will 'simulate' you pushing the lock/unlock button, thus giving you keyless entry. Ford Focus' and Hyundai Elantra's use this cable driven system.

Pick up actuators for $20ea at best buy. We charge $80 (parts/labor)for actuator installs WRT keyless entry/remotestart/alarms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts