Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have the dealer installed keyless entry keypad on our 2012 focus 5 door. Although the dealer gave us a card with the entry number, how do we reset the number to one we can easily remember?

·
Registered
63 Posts
1. Enter the factory set code as indicated on your Code Card
2. Within 5 seconds of entering the factory code, press and hold the 1/2 button for 1 second. The 9/0 button will flash twice to confirm that the keypad is in programming mode.
3. Within 5 seconds enter your desired personal 5 digit code. Each digit must be entered within 5 seconds of the previous digit.
4. The vehicle doors will unlock-lock-unlock to confirm that your personal code has been programmed to the keypad and the 9/0 button will flash twice to confrim that the keypad has exited the programming mode.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Does a dealer have to install the keypad?

Does a dealer have to program the keyless entry keypad when it is first installed, or can I do it myself? If it makes any difference I bought my car used and do not have an original owners's manual. So I do not know if my car has a five-digit code.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Same here. Bought my Focus used and the dealer doesn't know the code for the door keypad. Any way to get it from the VIN or some other method?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Does a dealer have to program the keyless entry keypad when it is first installed, or can I do it myself? If it makes any difference I bought my car used and do not have an original owners's manual. So I do not know if my car has a five-digit code.
Same here. Bought my Focus used and the dealer doesn't know the code for the door keypad. Any way to get it from the VIN or some other method?
If the keypad is hardwired to the car then there is a sticker usually on the BCM (body control module) that will have a 5 digit numerical code that is the original code for the keypad. Now if the keypad is the stick on type, then you are out of luck because it is not hardwired to the car so there is no way to find out the original code.

Now all keypads including the stick on type have a permanent code that can not be changed plus the ability to add your own code. When you add a code, the original still works along with the personal code. You need to know the original to add the second code.

If you have a stick on and you have no code to use it, your only option is to peel it off and throw it in the trash and buy a new one. The stick ons are not entirely useless, you can lock all doors without a code, just press the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons at the same time and it will lock all doors.

EDIT: just realized this is in the MK3 section and as far as I know all keypads on the MK3's are stick ons, ford and their infinite wisdom saw fit to not give us a hard wired option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts