Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been a lurker on this site for awhile now, but now I have a fairly weird problem. Okay, so originally when I would lock my car, the lights would flash once and if I pressed the lock button again, the horn would beep once. When I unlocked the car, it would just unlock without beeping at all. I almost always did this with my fob. A couple of days ago I pressed the unlock button then the lock button a number of times. Since then, it would beep once when I pressed the lock button once and beep twice when I unlocked it. That wasn't a huge deal until the alarm started going off when I unlocked it with my fob and I couldn't start my car.

I tried leaving the key in to reset the alarm, holding the button down on the alarm flasher thingy, unplugging the battery, and I used a different fob, but all were to no avail. I took it to Auto-Zone and he said I should get a bypass module, but that seems fairly strange since it has worked fine up till this point. Also, if I use keyed entry, it beeps but I can still start it.

Any ideas?

tl;dr my car alarm is going off when I use my keyless entry but not with keyed entry and it's not the fob.

·
Trump 2016
12,990 Posts
try doing what you did before my keyfob operates the bypass so maybe you activated somthing so just do what you did before you had promblem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts