Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently lost my only key to my Focus and had to get 2 new keys made and programmed. Now the original key has been returned but will not start my car. I was just wondering if I can reprogram that key or does it have to be a blank one only. Thanks

Darrin

·
Registered
233 Posts
I recently lost my only key to my Focus and had to get 2 new keys made and programmed. Now the original key has been returned but will not start my car. I was just wondering if I can reprogram that key or does it have to be a blank one only. Thanks

Darrin
This sounds like something you'll have to talk to your dealer about, Dgzog. I suggest reaching out to them about the original key to see if there's anything they can do to get it working again.

Brittany

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat for reference.

The last procedure in that link is the one normally used for adding a key to a Focus.

Add a key can be done by the owner with TWO programmed keys on hand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your replies. I wasn't sure if those procedures would only work on a new blank key but it worked perfectly for my previously programmed key.

Darrin

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Good to hear you got it done.

It works because the KEY isn't getting programmed, it's the PCM that's getting a new key code added to it's system as an authorized one. It's not a case of a blank key being coded to work, with a question of whether it could be coded again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts