Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed something on my 03 tonight. I don't have keyless entry, but I DO have power door locks. If I put the key in the driver's door, I can unlock the driver's door. If I turn it to the lock position and hold it briefly, it will lock the passenger's door as well.

Shouldn't it unlock the passenger's door if I hold it in the unlock position for a moment too? Maybe I'm just making up features, but it seems like a reasonable expectation....

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I would think so, I mean does seem reasonable. But I've never heard of this feature before, never thought to try it on my car. I'll try tomorrow and see what happens.

But, with the key fob you can set it to unlock 1 door at a time or all doors at once. Without the fob I'm not sure how you'd change the unlock style.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have never tried that I'm going to go see! I don't think I have ever used the key in my door. Dang I'm spoiled.

·
Registered
621 Posts
If there's power locks and a cover over where the passenger key would be then you can just buy a fob from for for pretty cheap. Very easy to program too.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Was just thinking of this thread.

I tried it on my car.
Both will lock using the key. Only the door the key is in will unlock. I changed the unlock from single door to both doors, still only the door the key is in will unlock.

So I'm going to say that we have central locking, all doors at once, but do not have central unlocking.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Cool trick with a focus.... (btw, the car is programmed to do what you are saying)

While sitting in the car, unlock the doors. Reach over to your drivers side front door and press the manual lock button on the door. All your doors will lock. Enjoy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's silly. It should be programmable to unlock both with the key. If you have a passenger, they shouldn't have wait for you to open the door and press the unlock button. I'm gonna check the manual again...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts