Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Have looked high and low for a solution to my problem but haven't found anything. My key fob stopped working. Straight away I assumed dead batteries so changed those and reprogrammed the key using the 4 key turns technique but this hasn't worked. Have tried 2 different fobs and have had them make the car beep when doing the program yet still no luck. I have pulled the 2 'plugs' out from under the fuse box and then plugged them back in causing the locks to make their usual locking sound yet the fobs still don't work. If I have the radio on and then press any button on the fob, it causes interference on the radio so I assume this means the fob is sending out a signal and thus is working.

At a loss as to what to do next. I've had a look under the carpet bit next to the drivers door to see if there is a box under there but there isn't. There is however a circular cutout in the side panel which houses a button. I have no idea what this button does nor is it in the vehicle manual

Car is a 2005 focus zetec climate pack

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've had the blinking red dash light recently too. looking at the stickied thread above, could this issue be linked?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Cutout in side panel with a push down button should be the reset for the fuel pump inertia switch, usually a fuel dispenser symbol molded into the plastic panel.

Flashing light is part of the security system, slow flashes normal when shut down & should go solid then out when starting. Rapid plashes when trying to start are a key recognition problem.

Sounds like a U.K. location (def. not N.A.), if you put location in your info. fewer will be confused with left/right/driver's/passenger's sides & Model differences.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts