Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is a kevlar clutch really worth it? I've heard they practically never wear out and can hold any amount of HP.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
they do wear out and they do have a limit of around 400hp i believe --correct me if im wrong-- ceramic clutches will wear out the flywheel before the cluch wears out and there is practically no reachable limit to them in a focus anyway. just depends how strong that clutch leg is because the more beef the clutch has the harder its gonna be to push. its worth it tho if you have or soon will have the HP to justify having it. just get a good stage 2 or 3 clutch from massive speed. pick out one you like. if you have turbo nitrous or supercharger get a 6 or 4 puck clutch. those are my personal preferrance. 6 puck is a little easier to drive on the street than some of the 4 pucks ive driven.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
no they do not hold any amount, they measure tq, not hp. I wouldn't push it past 350 wtq w/o going w/ a stage 4 or better.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
generally at 400hp you make around 350-380ft-lbs of torque. but your right it doesnt really go by hp it is by torque. thanks for correcting me bud. rep for us? we likey rep points lots

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i dont want to sound like an ass but i dont think you are supposed to ask for rep...

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
never read anywhere that says you arent but i just in case my sarcasm wasnt oozing quite enough in the above post ill explain... I WAS MAKING A FUNNY

1 - 6 of 6 Posts