Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally did it! I finally got an In Dash DVD Player for my '07 fofo.

Kenwood DDX512

I got it since I got a good deal on it from Best Buy. In total I paid about $500 and that includes all of the wiring minus the steeringwheel contol harness.

I've been impressed with it so far and the video quality is great!

I plan on getting the KENWOOD SIRIUS module so I can dump the sportster and have it all intagrated. I'm going to clean my car this afternoon and I'll get some pics wor everyone.

I do want to change one thing though.....
The dash kit has a textured plastic and for me dosen't blend enough with the smooth flat black stereo/HVAC surround. I think I can use a part of the dash kit and then use the faceplate surround provided with the headunit which is flat black to give it more of a blended look. We'll see.

KENWOOD FTW :) [race]

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
pics pics and pics!

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried the factory face plate and it was too small and left a big gap so I guess I'll stick with the regular dash kit. I also removed the old RCA adapter and plugged the SUB RCA's directly to the head unit. MUCH better!

It's to late now to get any decent photos, so I'll try again tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
what model sportster do you have? if its a newer one you can get this part from best buy
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...-doc1&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1194051840856

and this is the cable you will need to connect the scv-doc1 to your ddx512
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...sr20v&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1218012612825

you could prolly find that cable cheaper though....this will allow you to keep your sportster but you would be able to install it in like your glovebox and be able to retain the flexability of being able to take it in the house or what not.....it will display on your ddx512 and if i am not mistaken it will even let you use the replay functions?

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've already the direct connect kit....

The other thing you posted..... Does that connect from the dock to the stereo direct?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
ahh didnt know you bought the sirius SCC1 car tuner....you are going to need the SC-sr20v though to hook the tuner up to the ddx512....Kenwood DVD headunits use the new KAB connection for bluetooth, sat radio, etc...

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sorry for the delay on the pics. but here a few snapshots.

I also got a magellan Navi off craigslist for $40!

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't have the money for the up-graded version, but I have the Magellan that works fine for now. Plus, it has the option for up-grades later as funding makes itself available. It's great, my buddy got a $1000 pioneer and my $600 kenwood actually works better and has more and better options.

·
Registered
259 Posts
id be curious to know which pioneer unit your friend has that has less options than your kenwood. pioneer makes some of the best nav units on the market. id give up my kenwood dnx7120 for a pioneer avicf900bt or z series in a heartbeat!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts