1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
How do you know this was KB?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,107 Posts
There was a link in one of the threads from jalopnik.com as well. It was a cool little video.

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
BUT WILL IT BE AWD???!!!!! [popcorn]
All the way up until this teaser was released I have pretty firmly believed that it would be fwd. The only thing that this really throws a wrench into my thoughts is how composed it seems to be. Most FoST oversteer is controllable but semi-violent, yet this video doesn't really exhibit that trait anywhere except for the last split-second before it fades out in the end. I probably watched this 20 times and compared it to some relatively similar sliding on the recent video release of the ST-d/ST (skip to 2:15)-

Granted, there are plenty of factors that could cause the differences between the two (editing, terrain, temp, tire pressures, etc), but this has really been bugging me. The teaser is vague enough to not fully answer that question, but at the same time has suddenly made me think it's much more of a possibility than I previously thought.

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
Could thye have picked a WORSE driver to debut the car. I can let Ford slide on this mistake. So many other talented drivers out there. But KB makes sales and that is the name of the game, make money. Too bad KB wasted Ford's money in WRC.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
All the way up until this teaser was released I have pretty firmly believed that it would be fwd. The only thing that this really throws a wrench into my thoughts is how composed it seems to be. Most FoST oversteer is controllable but semi-violent, yet this video doesn't really exhibit that trait anywhere except for the last split-second before it fades out in the end. I probably watched this 20 times and compared it to some relatively similar sliding on the recent video release of the ST-d/ST (skip to 2:15)-

Granted, there are plenty of factors that could cause the differences between the two (editing, terrain, temp, tire pressures, etc), but this has really been bugging me. The teaser is vague enough to not fully answer that question, but at the same time has suddenly made me think it's much more of a possibility than I previously thought.

This conversation is already raging in this thread: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453329&highlight=

Obviously, there is no real way to tell, and even if they did announce that it is awd, we still dont know anything about the drivetrain. If the car is awd with a transverse-mount transmission, It could be a huge flop.

·
Registered
367 Posts
'5 door. LAME '

No more 3 doors, manufacturing costs are too high and the plain versions don't sell anymore to support the hi-po ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts