Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a 2002 focus with a zetec..... anyway i really want an srt-4 but cant afford the insurance itsself...... anyway whats the cheapest way to be able to keep up with one..... i dont really want to pop the motor..........

·
Registered
549 Posts
forced induction.....turbo.......thats about it

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
Slash the SRT's tires?

Just a suggestion.

Nah FI is your only option.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
you could just sell your car... buy mine, and be able to keep up with them for at least a good 30 feet....

·
What do i put here?
8,343 Posts
put sugar in his gas tank or turbo u pic cheap or expensive

·
Registered
755 Posts
well bolt ons and a 75 shot will get close. But then he will pull you up top hard. Just add basic bolt ons, cam gears, swap to SVT intake mani, cams, LSD, 4.06 gears, at least a 75 shot, and get it well tuned. Then I would guess you could run with one but not out run one. That would put you over 200 at the wheels fairly easily.

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
zetecfreak said:
well bolt ons and a 75 shot will get close. But then he will pull you up top hard. Just add basic bolt ons, cam gears, swap to SVT intake mani, cams, LSD, 4.06 gears, at least a 75 shot, and get it well tuned. Then I would guess you could run with one but not out run one. That would put you over 200 at the wheels fairly easily.
and then the srt can put a wastegate and or boost controller and you wont even stand a chance....

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
zetecfreak said:
Cam gears: $120
SVT intake manifold swap: ~$250
Cams: $150-250
LSD, 4.06 gears and install charges: $1400
Nitrous hardware + tuning: $400

That all adds up to about $2400, and if you're going to drop that much you might as well save up another $1000 and get a turbo. If beating a stock SRT-4 is all you're worried about, the turbo will at least put you in the same league as one...a 75 shot of nitrous and a tuned engine with just cams, cam gears and an intake manifold will only put your engine at maybe, maybe 190 WHP for a few seconds, after which the SRT-4 will easily pull on you.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Turbo or really nice supercharger. But to beat an srt4, youd pretty much have to get a really nice tune with Toms full turbo kit.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Good luck finding a stock SRT-4 to run against though after you put all that money into mods to keep up. Those cars take to making more power easy and cheap compared to many vehicles out there, owners always get the itch for more!

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Theyre just like my Saturn RL friends. Right now one of them is putting the new stage kits (in preparation for the twin charge, s/c plus a turbo) This has bigger injectors, smaller pulley(than the one he already has) bigger fuel rail and dyno tuning. This should be about 20 or so whp on a stock motor. He already has intake and a smaller pulley and he is putting down something like 230 at the wheels. Stock he was at 187. Unless you do some serious work, beating an srt4 is a long ways away.

·
Banned
80 Posts
I have beat SRT-4's at the track....best investment you can make is to learn how to use what you have. Now I won't go saying my car is faster, just that I was a better driver many times than the punks driving the SRT's...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts