Discussion Starter #4
link

link does not work. go back and click on link in 1st one

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pepsi

look carefully om top of it. there sits the track mascot.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Is that a chicken????

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no chicken

its a duck. she and her boyfriend hounded us for treats all weekend. they even got along with molly the wonderdog.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
weight

the car was finished just in time to load uo and go to vir last week. never got a chance to corner weight it. we are guessing about 2600 lbs or less. with the old cage it weighed 2654. although much stiffer, the new cage is lighter, plus three boxes worth of crap came out. i didnt realize there was that much left to come out! also battery was moved to right rear so i want to corner weight it again. previously it was off by about 40 lbs in the left front and 60 in the left rear. with that big bruiser of a battery now in back, it should be nearly perfect.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Looks good how did you do at the races?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
races

last weekend i was instructing on the full course at vir (www.virclub.com) for thscc. no race. 4/1 will be 1st test day at summit point this year. if the new track at summit is done in time, i'll be there for my first real race on sat 5/1 a one hour enduro. also will instruct/run a time trial there on 4/30. next will be beaver run for a one hour enduro 5/8. then instruct 5/21,5/22,5/23 for nasa at summit point. cant remember the rest right now. last year car was not competetive in the class i was put in. i had to run against 6 cylinder, lighter cars. now i might have a chance with this winters changes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey garyk -

Are you running that Summit Point Time Trial with EMRA?

If so, what class is an SVTF in? I saw some results
last year that put it in ST1, which seems pretty bad.
Is that what you are talking about?

I'm going somewhere with the car this year, and I'm looking
at EMRA, PDA, and SCDA ...

I drove at SP a long time ago and it was nice, but a bit of a
hike for me (from NY), but Pocono
and Lime Rock should be definites.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
summit

ran the emra sprints at summit last year in st1. tried to get it put back to st2 for this year, but no dice. totally last place car in st1. seems someone ran real well in time trials last year in a svt so thats the rationale. whats worse is my best friend (wreckerboy rob myles)rewrote the classes this year and is chief of tech now that bob hill is chairman. if shenandoah is complete i will run the time trial 4/30 and the one hour enduro sat 5/1. right now summit says it wont be ready. when i lived in north jersey summit was the far track. now its home track, only 125 miles away. oh well, car is a lot quicker this year with new cage and some other changes. itll be a case of me not breaking and others breaking. i might run a seat time 4/1 but its now 195 bucks. will instruct at vir 4/10 and 4/11 and run thscc time trial that weekend.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Let's see, the SVTF is in ST1 with the M3 and
IS300, but the WRX, 2002tii, and Civic Si
are in ST2?

Sorry, but the rationale of basing on one guy's
results--in Time Trials especially--is really pretty
lame. If he was in ST2 he would have won only
1 out of 5 events he ran last year. His results
are really uneven based on track, and Time Trials
drivers vary a lot in skill.

Anyway, I'll see what I do. It looks like the PDA
gives you more track time, but who knows. I've
run EMRA before (way back) and always liked it.

Good luck!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lame

it is lame. they look at the 170hp and ignore the 145lb ft of torque and the weight of the car. my itb car weighed 2200 lbs and had 186 hp. that was put in st3 w/emra. go figure.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Gary you need some form of FI then you can play with those others cars =)

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
fi

would love to but then i wouldn't have a class to play in. i could only use it for track days. the rules are very particular.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts