Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a new KN filter in my 14 Focus SE. I am not a dealer for the [email protected] division. I cannot believe that a simple exchange of air cleaning media would make that big of difference in performance. After 2500 miles the SE started to bog at the hit. The darn engine is so smooth and quiet that it's hard to make a 1'st gear launch. The KN filter is probably the cheapest HP one could find in the Ti-VCT. JMO.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I just installed a new KN filter in my 14 Focus SE. I am not a dealer for the [email protected] division. I cannot believe that a simple exchange of air cleaning media would make that big of difference in performance. After 2500 miles the SE started to bog at the hit. The darn engine is so smooth and quiet that it's hard to make a 1'st gear launch. The KN filter is probably the cheapest HP one could find in the Ti-VCT. JMO.
Have you also done the 'snorkle delete?
that is a MUST DO!!
link: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297795

If you think the filter is good, wait until you remove the snorkle (hiding under the front top of the front bumper assy. Easy to remove, DO IT. Costs nothing. works great with it off)

·
Registered
368 Posts
I chose the AEM DryFlo drop-in instead of the K&N (I hate oiled filters). AEM web site says it is designed by K&N, and that's rather obvious - it says AEM on the plugged end in big letters, but says K&N in small letters on the ring that attaches the filter to the air box. [;)] As in all my previous vehicles equipped with K&N drop-ins, I'm getting a nice smoothing out of acceleration over the entire RPM range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts