Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
I did not watch the video I had 1st hand experience with that K&N garbage on my Corvette. Like an idiot I bought one and the cleaning kit after 3 months I threw that garbage away. Stay with the good old paper filters and you are good to go.

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
I merged your two similar videos and placed them in the Video Showroom.

[email protected] owners running their cars out of fuel. I'm sure the fuel pump just loves that. Super-scientific testing.

I run K&N filters almost exclusively in all of my vehicles. YMMV.

·
Registered
292 Posts
So in that road test he drove down hill 9miles? Refilled turned around drove back the same way uphill 7.9miles?

:) :)

·
C2H5OH
11,868 Posts
You heard it kiddos, an air filter is the ultimate factor in determining MPG's.

·
Registered
416 Posts
You must really have something against CAIs...

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
There are a few 'OEM only' kinda guys. They all post non-Focus related data and don't have anything to say about Focus-related arguing points.

The lazy guy has 1 in 11 that liked his video...[chairfall]

·
Registered
416 Posts
Makes since Dyn085. lol Some OEM stuff is the way to go... but not everything that is made OEM is "the best." I have a K&N Drop-in filter in my car with the cleaning kit thing. Never had any problems.

·
FUBARCUS
7,763 Posts
So we now have another thread about this rather than just adding on to the other thread you already started? I think one thread should be enough. We get it you think they're stupid.

·
Registered
21 Posts
New k&n rx-4730 air filter

Hi there everyone, I just thought I would post some pictures of my new K&N Xtream Air Filter. It's part of the RX series that allows for air to come in through the top of the filter also. It's the RX-4730 To be precise. The thing is massive. I will be fitting it tomorrow & will also be using some 4 inch Flexi Hose that has a type of funnel on both ends.
If you can imagine a 4 inch Hose with a cut down funnel (Like the type you use to put fuel in your car when using a fuel container) The funnel is 4 inches so it connects to the Flexi Hose & then it opens up to about 8 Inches at the top & will be positioned in front of the filter. At the other end it has a rectangular 5 inch intake that will be positioned facing downwards & to the front behind the front bumper.
I will let you know how it goes once fitted.
Cheers, DjJunior.

FORD_FOCUS_ST_170_K&N_RX_4730.jpg

FORD_FOCUS_ST_170_K&N_RX_4730_1.jpg

FORD_FOCUS_ST_170_K&N_RX_4730_2.jpg

FORD_FOCUS_ST_170_K&N_RX_4730_3.jpg lexi h

1 - 12 of 12 Posts