Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waz up guys! Right now I'm trying to decide whether I should get an ITG or a K&N air filter for my SVT. I've heard good things about both but I'm still not sure which one to go with. I'm looking for the filter which would give my car better performance and at the same time has a good life span. Any other information on these filters would be nice also.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I don't know that there is that much of a difference between the two. I assume by ITG you're referring to the Cool-Flo intake sold by FocusSport. K&N makes a couple different filter choices for the Focus. Here is a thread about the new Typhoon that they make:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5842&highlight=K&N+typhoon

It sorta comes down to personal preference - they are both similar enough that the performance gains between the two really wont be very different I would think. It's my understanding that both the ITG and the K&N filter elements have long lives due to their ability to be washed and reoiled.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
well there are lots of differences but when you get down to it they are just filters, a part of the whole

1 - 5 of 5 Posts