Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into an intake but am kind of at a junction and am looking for opinions on this. I have come down to the AEM Cold Air Intake or the K&N Typhoon Kit (unfortunately they dont make the Complete Cold Air Intake for the 03 Focus SVT). Depending on where I go I can find either for about the same price. Only difference I have found is where the actual beginning of the intake starts. AEM starts further down where the grill is vs. K&N starts about where the air intake box currently sits. Anyone out there have either of these mods installed, and what do you think about them? I am also open to other suggestions for an intake if someone know of a different brand that rocks. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks euro but i was unable to find the longtube ram air. all i was able to find was the aem ram air shield. i might be looking in the wrong spot [:(]

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've got the AEM short ram kit. It was tough to beat for the price. I'm not into the "official" cold air intakes that use extra piping to place the air filter in a fender or near a grill. I've used both types on my Mustangs and to be honest, there isn't much difference in performance IMHO. However, there is a difference in price. One that I personally don't feel compensates for the so called extra performance (power). Then again, my goal is not to sqeeze every last bit of horsepower out of my Focus so take that for what it's worth. [;)]

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have the AEM short ram, and it is very good. It's also a little cheaper than the Volant and a couple others.

·
Registered
990 Posts
aem

i have the aem cai coming off the race car. i will sell it for any reasonable offer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts