Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about buying a K&N short ram intake today and i was just wondering is it worth it? Is thier a better brand for the svtf's? Just looking for a little help.

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
Just get the panel filter for the stock system. It will cost less and perform the same as a short ram, if not better.

·
Registered
64 Posts
yeah i bought my car with a cai, trust me just get a k&n drop in. if thats not enough i think theres a way to fit a cone in the stock airbox, but leave your nice airbox alone!

·
Registered
64 Posts
If your goin with a intake i would buy a aem cai.Its much better!!
my aem cai sucks up water and gets dirty every 5 minutes. i would love it on the track but i dont take it to the track haha

it depends on the way you drive it, just be careful before you pull any svt parts off, they put them there for a reason!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was thinking about buying a K&N short ram intake today and i was just wondering is it worth it? Is thier a better brand for the svtf's? Just looking for a little help.
So what did you decide to do? I was in the same boat a few days ago, thinking about diff intakes. After reading a couple dozen throughout the forum i went with a k&n panel for the stock air box ~ $40. Also pulled the resonator which sounds pretty cool imo [clap]

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree with everyone that says use the factory air box. I read the "read first" area, and the results posted from the drop in KN to the short ram KN is the same

1 - 10 of 10 Posts