Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i l ive in Venezuela, and i Have a 2006 Ford Focus Ghia 4 Door, with a 2.0 Duratec i want o place a k&n flat relacemnte filter to see if i gain some little extra ponnys under the hood!

But i can't finf it over th einternet can anyone help Does any one knows the part number?

Or if it ois availible in any other performance brand???

Thank you

·
Registered
930 Posts
Well, assuming you have the same type of intake we have, you won't be able to replace the filter. The filter is a lifetime filter, and is supposed to last 70-100k miles. Your best solution is to use the stealth CAI that many have done. This removes the lower part of the airbox (lower than the MAF), which removes the part of the air box with the filter. After that just stick a conical filter on the end of the MAF, and you have more power and that pesky restrictive air box is gone.

I'm sure we will get several people chiming in on this. There is also a stealth CAI thread on here too.

http://focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81920

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
yeah, the stock filter cannot be replaced. its basically stuff in a box and thats where your engine sucks air from. best thing to do is save and get an Actual CAI. you'll be much happier, and when air filter service rolls around you will have very easy access. i cleaned my K&N cone filter on my cai in about 30mins plus dry time. but it only takes like 2mins with a flat head screw driver to be able to get the filter off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
K&n flat repalcement filter

I'm amaze i havent heard of anything like that. a life time OEM FIlter? I did not see read that when i research my car. I hace Only 8000 Km. with my car few months only have changed the oil twice SO you know i havent messed with my engine too much yet.

QUestion? I need to buy the K&n conical filter the tube and cold air intake? or just the cold air Intake? Can U reocmend me a site where i can see pictures of the instalation?

Thanks I'm happy Focus Fan!

Soon i'll send you a pic of my engine. so you fans can chek it out how its made in Argentina./..sold in venezuela i thing is the same!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Welcome to FF!
Here is a link to the OEM air box info.: http://www.visteon.com/products/automotive/ais_withec.shtml

So as you can see the "Stealth CAI" is a shorter path to the intake. And less expensive to replace.

That is funny that yours are made in Argentina./..sold in Venezuela... ours are made in Mexico./..sold in United States!

See my signature for the "Stealth CAI" how-to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts