Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thank you for your interest in K&N products. You are registered to receive notification about products for your vehicle. This email was sent automatically to inform you of available products that might fit this application. Listed below are the current K&N products for a 2012 FORD FOCUS 2.0L. Please review the full application description including comments to ensure that the product will fit your vehicle.

Year Model Engine Comment Product Type Part Number Description
2012 FOCUS 2.0L L4 F/I All Air Filter E-2993 Replacement Air Filter
2012 FOCUS 2.0L L4 F/I All Oil Filter HP-1002 Oil Filter
2012 FOCUS 2.0L L4 F/I All Oil Filter PS-1002 Oil Filter

This is what the email said, but we have already known the air filter part is E-2993.........and I already have it installed on my car for weeks haha

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
I have the cover off right now. I love the way it sounds, but I think it's killing the mileage and it's not able to get the amount of air it gets with the cover on. After work project I suppose. How much does the filter cost?

Any idea on the difference between the two oil filters?

·
Registered
418 Posts
This engine without the GDI has been around for a while in Ford,Mazda and Volvo cars.
That explains why a few goodies are already available.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I also got the K&N from Amazon. I tried the local Autozone first, they did not even have a part number available. So I just did Amazon.
I like the Motorcraft oil filters. so I use those.

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
I have the cover off right now. I love the way it sounds, but I think it's killing the mileage and it's not able to get the amount of air it gets with the cover on. After work project I suppose. How much does the filter cost?

Any idea on the difference between the two oil filters?
it is killing your mileage because your stepping on it more to hear the intake [hihi]

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
AutoZone didn't list the car at all when I bought it and so I just ordered it using the part number from K&N's website and it was there next day!

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
it is killing your mileage because your stepping on it more to hear the intake [hihi]
Actually I'm stepping on it more because it doesn't seem to have the power it does with the air box sealed.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
DVolpe's picture of the K&n also shows the are intake tube on the left.
One can see the restriction in that tube, where the tubing from the front, splits in two, half for some sort of resonator control, and the other, with a restriction in it, to the box.
If someone made a rubber part which took out the resonator control bit, and just had a straight in to the box, it would double the area opening to the box.
And i(hope) it would sound good.
This is the one thing I want to do to the intake besides the K&N.

·
Registered
636 Posts
DVolpe's picture of the K&n also shows the are intake tube on the left.
One can see the restriction in that tube, where the tubing from the front, splits in two, half for some sort of resonator control, and the other, with a restriction in it, to the box.
If someone made a rubber part which took out the resonator control bit, and just had a straight in to the box, it would double the area opening to the box.
And i(hope) it would sound good.
This is the one thing I want to do to the intake besides the K&N.
You probably don't want to do that. Those tubes are sucking air from the front of the car- it ends in the open slot of the grill, this pulls in cooler air from the outside for better performance. It doesn't feed directly into the resonator as that is a separate box on the bottom of the airbox. The tube is spit to allow even airflow distribution along the top and bottom of the filter; again, getting rid of it would hurt performance. Just taking the resonator off seemed to help with power, as the hole is in the bottom of the air-box and is fairly isolated from the rest of the engine I think its pulling in relatively cool air. My average mpg (miles traveled/gallons purchased at next fill up) also went up from 27.5 to 31 driving back and forth to classes.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts