Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried both. I got the k&n filter for convenience (was at the store instead of online) and also I don't trust "will this fit my car" settings on websites. But was just curious if the green filter produces better results than the k&n. I'm running it open box right now and love the growl but if I can get the same growl with the green open ended with the lid on then I'll go that route. I plan to try and get the RS airbox at some point. Anyone can chime in that be great!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
I think the difference is negligible in the real world. I personally run a K&N drop-in with the snorkel delete and been good for 5 years. I'd also put the lid back on since all you're doing is sucking hot air.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Having run K&N, what I notice is it builds up oil residue all around where the filter sits (after it's been re-oiled), even trying to not overapply the filter oil, it does this so I prefer AEM dryflow which never needs oiling, or green filter

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I have had the buschur (same as the green) and the K&N

The open end was a too loud for my taste and the K&N you have to clean and oil

So I ended up with my 3rd filter the AEM dry flow and its the best one.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have run both. I would never run without a lid, but I ran the K&N with a closed lid, and the RS lid. I also ran it with and without a cap with both lids. I have only ran the Green with the RS lid both with and without a cap. There is no noticeable difference in performance, slight differences in sound. My preferred setup is the Green with RS lid and cap only because I like how it looks. The cleaned K&N will go back in when its time to clean and oil the green. I like to let them sit after oiling to get rid of any access oil.

Picture of the Green with RS lid.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have run both. I would never run without a lid, but I ran the K&N with a closed lid, and the RS lid. I also ran it with and without a cap with both lids. I have only ran the Green with the RS lid both with and without a cap. There is no noticeable difference in performance, slight differences in sound. My preferred setup is the Green with RS lid and cap only because I like how it looks. The cleaned K&N will go back in when its time to clean and oil the green. I like to let them sit after oiling to get rid of any access oil.

Picture of the Green with RS lid.
The k&n filter is there a certain one with a removable cap? Mine looks like if I take it off it'd be pointless to have a filter just a cylindrical air trapper

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
The k&n filter is there a certain one with a removable cap? Mine looks like if I take it off it'd be pointless to have a filter just a cylindrical air trapper

Sent from my Pixel using FF Mobile
I bought the PN 57s-4000 lid and filter kit before the RS box was abailable. The filter that comes in this kit has the removable cap. The filter is available seperatly but I do not know the part number.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I went back to the stock filter on my ST, from the K&N.
I did not find any performance difference with a non-tuned engine

·
Registered
567 Posts
Given the sensitivity of modern day air flow sensors, I would be inclined to go with a dry filter (Like the AEM dryflow as suggested above). (Although mine came with a K&N panel filter and is still rocking that because I never got around to swapping it out lol).

·
Registered
614 Posts
I went back to the stock filter on my ST, from the K&N.
I did not find any performance difference with a non-tuned engine
you're just a scaredy-cat [doorpeek][neener]

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
I ran the drop K&N filter on my ST and I could not tell a difference in performance. But I did get a little better mpg. I am running a Roush cai and I have better throttle response over stock.

Attachments

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
I ran the drop K&N filter on my ST and I could not tell a difference in performance. But I did get a little better mpg. I am running a Roush cai and I have better throttle response over stock.
Your signature... you heard about Malcolm Young, died early this morning, terrible loss for us all and AC/DC.. RIP[:(]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts