Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a K&N drop in filter, and i have heard other people saying thats a good thing to put in there... how much does it actually do for the SVTF? I thought i read almost 7hp... but that just seems crazy.

Anyone got that answer for me?

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
7hp...no way.
Maybe 1-2 at the max, but even that's doubtful.

I installed an ITG Pro drop in (foam filter) and noticed minimal (if at all) gains, though I did see my mpg go up a little bit. [dunno]

·
Registered
152 Posts
I got the K&N drop-in. It's not an earth-shattering change, but, it definitely has much, much better air-flow than the paper-filter. If nothing else, your engine is much happier; that makes me a happier owner.[:)]

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Im thinkin im going to put my stock airbox back in....been hearing it actually works better than a SR for a JRSC. When i had a K&N filter in mine, i noticed a slight difference, not really more powerful but more responsive.

·
Registered
254 Posts
My two cents - I went with the K&N drop in because a few good test out there have shown the stock system to flow sufficiently enough for a naturally aspirated setup. I modified the snorkle tube and the side inlet to the airbox as well - see below. With this, I think the thing is flowing plenty of air for the engine, particularly at speed. I also upgraded the throttle body and went with a Random cat and am working on computer tuning - I have to say that on cool evenings, temps in the high 50s or low 60s lets say, the thing really pulls hard in the mid range - I bet it's a combination of the mods rather than just the intake mods but I like to think the intake mods really help to get cool air in. Actually, I data logged some on it and the intake temps were basically the same or just slightly above ambient temps very quickly after the car started moving.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you sure know how to put "custom" in Customization. lol

·
Registered
177 Posts
Right now I have the K&N drop in air filter. That will change this weekend. Just picked up a brand new AEM short intake air filter for the SVT.

·
Registered
511 Posts
How would thermal wrap work on a SRI??? If its good at keeping heat in (header) then it should do a good job at keeping heat out, right??? I know it would probably look a bit ugly (although they sell the wrap in black also), but that combined by a little creativity in directing more airflow to the filter and it should be a pretty good setup. Any thoughts???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts