Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
i have the k&n typhoon series, sounds is pretty decent, at higher rpms you can hear the suction. usually on cold starts it sounds like a supercharger. other than that, you'll feel more power gains at the higher rpms

·
Registered
183 Posts
The k&n 57 fipk gen2 is probably what I will be getting for my 07 ST. But that post about destroying an 04's motor is giving me the heebie jeebies hahaha.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
i have the 57 Series FIPK and i have the eibach sportline springs so my car is pretty low but it has done me well. i just try not to drive in the rain but if i have to i drive in the slow lane. i wanted to add that even with the stock splash guard water still gets to the filter because when i checked it after the first rain season last year u can see where the water was getting to it

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
all of the CAI's will have about the same sound... because the sound comes from the engine and when the engines are mass-produced to match the demand there isnt much variance... you might hear alittle difference in the material of the CAI... but it'll only be slight because the thing that is making the noise is the engine and that'll be roughly 99% the same across the board.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts