Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 SE is currently with the dealer, checking out whether I need a new clutch under the 14M01 program.

I was informed that the seal between the transmission & the clutch is NOT leaking. The technician has installed the necessary software upgrade.

Today I was told that they are not able to reprogram the adaptive strategy, as it seems to be generating an error.

The technician seems to think that my CAI may be interfering with the adaptive software and preventing the tuning of this component.

Does this seem reasonable or is this just guesswork and an excuse on their part?

They have a Call into Ford Tech support, as they say they have not seen a Focus with the clutch issue & a K&N CAI fitted.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Scally.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Wacko

You'd have to somehow damage the wiring to the trans while installing it for it to have an effect. (you were under the hood, who know what you did argument)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds like bs to me. The cai is hooked up to maf sensors and should have nothing to do with the tuning of the transmission. The only thing I can think of is if you SERIOUSLY screwed up the installation of the cai and damaged some of the wiring, then it should be an entirely different issue.

I have a feeling that they are trying to avoid the issue by pinning it on an obvious modification to the car. What I would try doing is ask them to prove that this cai was the true source of the problem.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Could just take the old airbox to the Dealer if the car is still there.

·
Registered
195 Posts
nope

When i took my car in sometime last year, it took forever to get the updates to go because it kept throwing an error. They eventually got it to take. I have no mods at all.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
An aftermarket item is a green light for the dealer to shift the blame. Never go to a dealer with mods.

Exactly! Given them any reason to throw the blame back on the owner and they will. This is one of the things to think about before your make such mods.

Brian

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
They have to prove, and I mean have physical proof, that your modification is the cause of the problem. I've had work done on my car at the dealership many times under warranty with mods installed and no complaints from them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts