·
Registered
3,263 Posts
retiring. Still doing remote tunes and diy kits

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
retiring. Still doing remote tunes and diy kits
I know you said it nov but I kinda want confirmation from Tom ( you didn't say anything about it in your post)

I plan on having the money for the DIY Kit I was going to purchase by feb and come spring when it all goes in I was gunna get a tune. Just want to make sure I'll be able to purchase all of that still of if I have to start pricing out parts elsewhere

·
Registered
594 Posts
So when you do a tune what all is involved?? Do you need a complete list of current bolt on's or will your tune adjust for the changes?? I heard of a dyno shop that does custom tunes in Greensboro callled Turbo Tune are they any good??

·
Registered
232 Posts
how accurate are ur remote tunes? im sure it would be alot more beneficial to get a dyno tune but i dont feel like driving to NC.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i just ordered my wideband :D:D:D

·
Registered
232 Posts
so u can get ur tunes pretty sopt on with out seeing the car?
if thats the case then i will probably be talking to u in the next few weeks hopefully.

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
To do said tuning do we need to contact a local dyno to make pulls there and record data to send you or just make an accell run down the nearest straight away? I mean I would assume you need something besides just the car idleing to tune it. Just curious

·
Banned
12,597 Posts
Brad, for the turbo tuning, Tom will send you a base tune to get it running and driving. You will run your tuner and do some driving and datalog what Tom tells you and then send it to him he will adjust from there and do that a few times to get a near spot on tune.

I also think Tom might work with local Dyno shops and get a tune that way...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tom, I just have to say I'm really glad you will still be doing remote tunes. I will not have money to get a flasher for another year because of repairs but I will be wanting something to tie together all my bolt-ons.
Congrats on your retirement, you have been an amazing resource/contributor for the focus community! [cheers]

·
Sneeze
10,828 Posts
Brad, for the turbo tuning, Tom will send you a base tune to get it running and driving. You will run your tuner and do some driving and datalog what Tom tells you and then send it to him he will adjust from there and do that a few times to get a near spot on tune.

I also think Tom might work with local Dyno shops and get a tune that way...
So from time of recieving the unit with the base tune and getting it fully tuned up and optimized is going to be on the order of days possibly weeks then?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts