Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so when i go 2 check the oil in my car [05 zx3 with the 2.0] i pull out the dipstick first thing in the mornin and when i pull it out the 1st time the oil is real low on the dipstick but when i put it back in and pull it out again its up 2 the right level. ya if anyone knows the answer 2 why it does that i wouldnt mind knowin. just curiouse.
thanx
tyler

ps 2 all of u out there who will be thinkin "oh he said 'pull it out and put it back in' " herrrrr herrrrr herrrrr grow up [offtopic]

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
well........you're supposed to er, let the car warm up a bit before you check the oil level or it's definitely gonna be low......

that's odd......though maybe when you take the stick out it flows and puts some in the little tube where it's supposed to go? (woot for me being retarded right now, lol)

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
you ALWAYS pull it once, wipe it off, and then put it back in, and pull it a second time to check the level...

moving thread..

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
well........you're supposed to er, let the car warm up a bit before you check the oil level or it's definitely gonna be low......

that's odd......though maybe when you take the stick out it flows and puts some in the little tube where it's supposed to go? (woot for me being retarded right now, lol)
lol actually its quite the opposite. Early in the morning after letting the car sit overnight is the best time to check the oil. By that time every drop of oil that can drain outta the head and oil passage ways will have and you will get the most accurate reading. And yes you always wipe off after the first pull, reinsert, and then pull again for the best reading.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts